Tired of your mechanical routine of cardio and then weights at your local gym? Looking to get fit while enjoying the outdoors or sharing laughs with friends and family? Check out our fresh workout ideas to see the same great results, but with many more smiles along the way.
1. Bethesda: Spend a day biking along the Capital Crescent Trail, just steps away from the Little Falls Place townhomes in Bethesda. The trail features gorgeous views of the Potomac River and offers the perfect balance of serenity and bustling noises of a community coming together to enjoy the outdoors. If you need to cool off, you can rent canoes and kayaks from one of the boathouses along the trail
2. Old Town Alexandria: Follow the latest trend and take a Zumba dance class at a local studio. Chakaboom Fitness offers very affordable and popular Zumba classes, helping you get fit with the best music, dance moves, and cardio workout. Chakaboom prides itself on a very upbeat and energetic atmosphere and also has two additional dance classes — Chakatoning and Kangoo Jumps. Chakaboom is close to both The Oronoco waterfront condos and Old Town Commons new homes in Old Town Alexandria
3. Enjoy the hot DC summers by going for a swim at the Ellen Linson Outdoor Pool, close to the Arts District Hyattsville. And when the leaves change colors and fall comes around, hop on over to the attached Herbert Wells Ice Rink and learn how to roller or ice skate through very low priced classes. The ice rink is open October through March, and offers public skating sessions in addition to private lessons. You can even take the whole family along to the family skating sessions on Sunday afternoons.
4. Take Pilates on the Patio, an outdoor core-strengthening class offered in the District. Pilates-instructor and triathlete Chauna Bryant teaches this 45-minute class, which is followed by drinks to toast your newly toned body. The class helps you enjoy the beautiful DC summer while working your muscles. Classes are offered in different areas around DC.
5. Play tennis with your neighbors and local community at one of the many local parks. Residents in Old Town Alexandria come together on Tuesday and Thursday evenings to play tennis in a fun and friendly atmosphere, showcasing their talents and creating a greater community feel. The matches are held at Montgomery Park, just a 5-minute walk from The Oronoco waterfront condos and Old Town Commons new homes.