Effective Date: July 21, 2023
When using our Site, you may voluntarily provide information about yourself or a co-purchaser or real estate agent, including name, contact information, age, price range for a home purchase, locations of homes in which you are or may be interested, your status as a Licensed Real Estate Salesperson, account log-in information, financial information, and any other information you choose to provide. We collect this information, for example, when you subscribe to updates about our homes or communities being developed by EYA or one of its affiliates, subscribe to EYA Neighborhood News, send us an inquiry, or interact with us for any other purpose. If you are contacting us about professional opportunities, you may also provide us with employment-related information. Additionally, agents or representatives, lenders and title companies that interact with us on your behalf may provide information about you.
EYA’s Use of Information
We may use the information we collect for any lawful purpose, including, but not limited to, the following:
- To respond to your inquiries and otherwise communicate with you or your agents and representatives, your lender and your title company;
- To administer and improve our Site, including to provide better services, products, and opportunities to visitors to our Site;
- To customize the content of the Site;
- To monitor compliance with our Terms and Conditions of Use and other applicable agreements and policies;
- To advertise and market our products and services, as well as products and services of third parties we think may interest you;
- To comply with the law and to maintain the security of our Site;
- To contact you about changes to the Site, the Terms and Conditions of Use, or other policies related to the Site; or
- As otherwise disclosed at the time information is collected.
EYA’s Sharing of Information
EYA may share information we collect as follows:
- With third party vendors who process data on our behalf, such as marketing companies, analytics providers, web designers, and email service providers;
- With our affiliates without limitation;
- With your agents or representatives, lender and/or title company in connection with providing you products and services;
- With our business partners, investors, lenders providing financing with respect to the development of the community, and other third parties regarding the purchase and construction of your home;
- To advertisers, advertising networks, and social networks so that they may select and serve relevant advertisements to you and others;
- As part of a potential or actual corporate sale, merger, or acquisition, or other transfer of all or part of our assets, including as part of a bankruptcy proceeding;
- Pursuant to a subpoena, court order, governmental inquiry, or other legal process or as required by law, or to protect our rights or property or the rights of third parties; or.
- With your consent or as otherwise disclosed at the time of data collection or sharing.
We may share information that is de-identified or aggregated without limitation.
Digital Advertising & Analytics
We may partner with ad networks and other ad serving providers (“Advertising Providers”) that serve ads on behalf of us and others on non-affiliated platforms. Some of those ads may be personalized, meaning that they are intended to be relevant to you based on information Advertising Providers collect about your use of the Site and other sites or apps over time, including information about relationships among different browsers and devices. This type of advertising is known as interest-based advertising.
We may also work with third parties that collect data about your use of the Site and other sites or apps over time for non-advertising purposes. EYA uses Google Analytics and other third-party services to improve the performance of the Site and for analytics and marketing purposes. For more information about how Google Analytics collects and uses data when you use our Site, visit www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners, and to opt out of Google Analytics, visit tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Third-Party Links & Tools
The Site may also include integrated social media tools or “plug-ins,” such as social networking tools offered by third parties. If you use these tools to share information about you or you otherwise interact with these features on the Site, those companies may collect information about you and may use and share such information in accordance with your account settings, including by sharing such information with the general public. Your interactions with third-party companies and your use of their features are governed by the privacy notices of the companies that provide those features. We encourage you to carefully read the privacy notices of any accounts you create and use.
Virginia Privacy Rights
This section applies only to personal data collected about Virginia residents in their personal capacity.
Personal Data We Collect, Use, and Share. We collect the categories of personal data about Virginia consumers identified in the list below. Also, we process personal data of Virginia consumers for targeted advertising. Please see the “Your Rights Regarding Personal Data” subsection below to learn how you may opt out of this processing.
Categories of Personal Data
- Personal and online identifiers (such as first and last name, email address, or unique online identifiers);
- Commercial or transactions information (such as records of personal property or products or services purchased, obtained or considered);
- Internet or other electronic network activity information (such as browsing history, search history, interactions with a website, email, application, or advertisement);
- Geolocation information (such as your device’s general location or your ZIP code);
- Professional or employment-related information (such as current occupation and income);
- Inferences drawn from the above information about your predicted characteristics and preferences; and
- Other information about you that is linked to the personal data above (such as information you provide as a prospective buyer).
Why We Collect, Use, and Share Virginia Information. We collect, use, and disclose the personal data we collect for the purposes described in the “EYA’s Use of Information” section above.
We may use and share aggregated and de-identified data to the extent permitted by applicable law. When we use de-identified data, we maintain and use the data in de-identified form and do not attempt to reidentify it, except to check whether our de-identification processes satisfy the requirements of applicable law.
Recipients of Virginia Personal Data. We may share the categories of personal data designated above to the categories of third parties listed below:
- Advertising/marketing companies, advertising networks, and social media companies;
- Agents and representatives of prospective buyers;
- Financial institutions, such as lenders for buyers and lenders for EYA or an affiliate of EYA;
- Affiliates not under the EYA brand; and
- Our business partners and investors.
Your Rights Regarding Personal Data. Virginia residents have certain rights with respect to the personal data collected by businesses. If you are a Virginia resident, you may exercise the following rights regarding personal data about you, subject to certain exceptions and limitations:
- The right to know whether we process personal data about you.
- The right to access personal data about you.
- The right to receive a portable and readily usable copy of the personal data you provided to us, to the extent feasible.
- The right to request that we correct inaccuracies in personal data about you.
- The right to request that we delete the personal data you have provided or we have obtained about you.
- The right to opt out of EYA’s processing for purposes of targeted advertising. EYA engages in some social media advertising activities that we treat as processing for targeted advertising under applicable privacy laws and give you the opportunity to opt out.
- The right not to receive discriminatory treatment for the exercise of the above privacy rights.
To exercise any of the above rights, please contact us by email at: privacy (at) eya.com and submit the required authentication information, as further described below. See the “Digital Advertising & Analytics” section above for more information on how to opt out of targeted advertising by third parties.
Authentication Process and Required Information. Note that we may need to request additional information from you to verify your identity or understand the scope of your request, although you will not be required to create an account with us to submit a request or have it fulfilled. We will require you to provide, at a minimum basic contact information, such as name and email address.
Additionally, if you have submitted a request that we have not reasonably fulfilled, you may contact us to appeal our decision by sending an email with the subject line “Appeal” to privacy (at) eya.com.
If you supply us with your mailing address or e-mail address but do not wish to receive mailings from us, please send a removal request in an e-mail to privacy (at) eya.com indicating your e-mail address or mailing address, as applicable. You can also unsubscribe from our marketing emails using the tools provided in any marketing email that you receive from us. Even if you opt out, we will continue to send you emails related to your transactions or relationship with EYA or its affiliate(s).